We take privacy very seriously, and we only collect data we need for the operation and improvement of this website. The following information is intended to help you understand what data we collect, how we collect it your data, and what we do with that data.
Gassy Cat collects the following data from you:
- The way you use our website such as which pages you visit;
- Information provided by your web browser, such as browser type, operating system, language, the address of the website from where you arrived;
- Other potentially personally identifying information such as your IP address;
- Information that can be derived from the above information, such as a your rough geographic location.
How data is collected
We collect and process your data when you:
- Register online, or place an order for any of our products or services through one of the online shops we operate;
- When you browse our website with cookies enabled in your browser;
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey, or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via e-mail;
- Through telephone contact, or other form of communication.
We also indirectly collect data in an anonymised form from Google Analytics.
We do not collect any personally identifying data from any external company, such as marketing databases or commercially available prospect databases.
How your data is used
Gassy Cat uses your data to:
- Process your order, and manage your account in the course of providing you access to the functionalities that are available to you as a registered customer;
- Perform market research with the aim of improving of the content and the technical quality of the website;
- Provide information to you via e-mail, phone, or other communication channels;
- To collect statistics about the way you use various parts of the website such that we may use the data for analysis of usage trends to evaluate and improve our website, products, services, marketing, and your overall experience;
- To be able to manage, and react to your questions and requests.
We will not directly share or sell your data to any other external company, but in the course of running this website some external companies may be able to automatically collect personally identifying data from you. On this website, these companies are:
In order for us to process any order you place with us, Gassy Cat will need to send your personal data to external companies so that you can receive your order. These companies include:
- Our logistics partners, who you choose when you place your order (depending on availability in your country):
- Our payment brokers, who handle collecting the payment of your order and need some personal information to help us avoid fraudulent payments:
Note that our logistics partners may include subcontractors who will be involved in the delivery of your order, who may also have access to details such as your name, address, and telephone number. This is necessary to be able to successfully deliver your package.
How your data is stored
Gassy Cat securely stores your data on our servers located in France provided by Alien Internet Services (Belgium). Alien Internet Services does not process your data.
We perform periodical backups of this data, and store these offline in Belgium. The data is kept securely stored, and is protected by state of the art protections, including physical and non-physical access to the data.
Gassy Cat will only keep your personal data for a period of 5 years, and once that time has passed we will then delete your data.
Gassy Cat does not use your data to send direct marketing, outside of commercial communication used in the normal course of maintaining a business relationship with us as an Authorised Distributor or Trusted Reseller.
Your data protection rights
Every visitor to our website is entitled to the following:
- The right to access
- As a customer of one of our brands, you can obtain a full copy of your data from your account settings on the relevant website; otherwise you can contact us to request an extract, but we may charge you a small fee to provide the data to you as it takes time for us to process the request.
- The right to rectification
- As a customer of one of our brands, you can do this through your account settings on the relevant website, and this is the preferred method as it allows you to quickly and accurately updated your data. You also have the right to request Gassy Cat to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
- Contact us if you want to do this. If you’ve placed an order with us, certain data must be retained for our accounting and legal obligations but we don’t share this data unless legally obliged.
- The right to restrict processing
- However, since processing your data is usually necessary for us to be able to handle your orders, this may have the result of us needing to remove your account, erase your data, and terminate any agreements we may have with you.
- The right to object to processing
- Again however, since we need to process your data to handle your orders, it may also require the removal of your account and erasure of your data for us to comply with this request.
- The right to data portability
If you wish to request the invocation one of these rights, the law requires us to respond to your request within a month, but we will certainly try to do so faster than that.
Cookies are small files stored on your computer when you access our website with uniquely identifying code stored within them. These files are sent back to us upon subsequent visits to our website. As these codes are unique, they can be used to identify your individual web browser when you return to our website. We use these cookies to automatically collect behavioural data about your visit.
We use the cookies to:
- Monitor, and therefore understand how you use our website so we can make improvements in the future, and
- Stop showing you the “this website cookies” warning when you visit this website.
If you decide to not accept cookies, you can configure your browser to no longer accept cookies from our website, however we cannot help you in this process. Due to technical limitations, disabling cookies on our shopping websites will prohibit them from functioning correctly for you.
For further information on what cookies are and how they can be used, visit AllAboutCookies.org (we are not affiliated with this third-party website).
Other privacy policies
Changes to this policy
Gassy Cat keeps its privacy policies under regular review, and will immediately place any updates to this policy on this web page.
How to contact us
Alternatively, you can email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
If you want to report a complaint about us, or if you feel that Gassy Cat has not addressed your concern to your satisfaction, you may contact the Belgian Data Protection Authority.